Microbiology Technician Food and Beverage
Salary Circa 17K
Our Client is a leading provider of scientific, legislative and technical support to the fast moving food and beverage industry. They have state of the art facilities at their picturesque Gloucestershire site and have a growing business and extensive research and innovation programmes. Their advice and expertise is much sought after in the industry and they are considered leading experts in the field. The Microbiology Safety and Spoilage Section undertakes research work on behalf of the industry including shelf life testing, predictive modelling and challenge testing on a wide range of micro-organisms including E Coli 0157, Salmonella, Listeria, Botulinum and Campylobacter
They are looking for a talented microbiology technician with a true passion for food microbiology and a genuine interest in food safety and security to join their growing team of 45 scientists.
You will need to have a good qualification and knowledge of microbiology with specific knowledge around food microbiology and good laboratory experience.
Your day to day activities will include:-
- Sample preparation
- Detection of food borne pathogen
- Enueration of spoilage organisms
- Food spoilage and safety research
- Sample analysis, plate counts
- Results calculation and reporting
You should be:-
- suitably qualified in a scientific discipline
- able to work to UKAS and ISO9000 standards
- comfortable and confident to work with food spoilage organisms and pathogens
- familiar with analysis of morphology, media based identification, incubation times and temperature requirements
- able to calculate required dilutions to achieve target ranges
- familiar with inoculation and aseptic technique
If this sounds like you apply now!
For our other vacancies please see www.sci-search.com