SCI's Service to Job Seekers
1. SCI Search & Selection Ltd (SCI), also known as ‘SCI Recruitment for Scientists’ is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
2. Your CV or other personal data has been received by SCI either
2.1. directly from you through our web site or via email, post or fax, or
2.2. indirectly through a ‘jobs board’ web site (e.g. Monster, Totaljobs, Jobsite, Reed, New Scientist, etc)
3. Your Curriculum Vitae or Resume (CV) is registered with SCI Search & Selection Ltd. Registration means the holding of your CV and/or other personal data on SCI’s recruitment database.
4. By registering your CV with SCI, we will use our best endeavours to match your skills, experience and job requirements with the skills, experience and person requirements of our Clients (i.e. potential employers) with regard to specific vacancies they may have notified to SCI.
5. If in the professional opinion and judgement of our Recruitment Consultants your skills, experience and job requirements are a good match with our Clients requirements we will discuss details of the vacancies and Clients (potential employers) with you. These discussions may be by telephone, or you may be invited to meet face-to-face with a Recruitment Consultant of SCI for an interview.
6. You will be required to provide to SCI proof of your identity and evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK, as this is a legal requirement.
7. Should the vacancies discussed be of interest, and you meet the specific requirements of the Client (potential employers), we will seek your consent to forward a copy of your CV and registered details to the Client with respect to the vacancy or vacancies discussed.
8. Thereafter the decision to progress your application further will lie with the Client of SCI, but we will keep you informed of the progress of your application with our Client and advise you of the outcome of that application. If the Client of SCI wishes to progress your application further, then interviews directly with the Client may be required.
9. SCI cannot guarantee to find you vacancies of interest and SCI does not warrant to introduce your CV or other registered details to any Client of SCI, nor does SCI warrant to arrange interviews for you, or to find you employment.
10. If at any time you no longer want to have your CV and/or other personal data registered with SCI, then you can instruct SCI to delete your details from our database. Such request will not be unreasonably refused.
11. SCI does not charge Job Seekers for the above service.
Privacy of Data
1. SCI Search & Selection Limited (SCI) is committed to privacy for everyone who registers their CV or other personal details with SCI. Under the Data Protection Act of 1998, we must comply with certain regulations that are designed to ensure that any data you provide to us is processed with due care and attention.
2. SCI holds personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of your name, address, e-mail address and other basic personal identifying information. This information also enables us to develop and customise better services to meet your needs and preferences and to bring to your attention job opportunities that may be of interest to you.
3. SCI has implemented and maintains appropriate technical and organisational measures designed to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your personal data, and we will always gain your permission before disclosing personal data to a Client of SCI and/or other third parties that are not affiliated to SCI.
4. We may periodically send you updates via e-mail to alert you to jobs in our database that match your criteria. We may also send you e-mails regarding other career or promotional opportunities. Each notification tells you how to opt out of receiving future e-mails. Our web site also gives you the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications.
5. SCI will not sell personal data in any form, including mailing lists, all data is for internal use by SCI only. Clients of SCI (i.e. potential employers) will only discover your identity after you have given SCI permission for your details to be disclosed to the Client.
6. SCI Search & Selection Limited is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (number PZ7310742).
7. SCI Search & Selection Limited is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and abides by their Code of Good Practice, which includes standards for management and security of personal data (Membership number 10534).
8. SCI Search & Selection Limited is a company registered in England & Wales. Company Registration Number No: 4251892. VAT No: GB 741 3178 48.
9. Registered Office: 2 Drake Mews, Gadbrook Park, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 7XF, UK.
Tel: 01606 818290, Email: Web: www.sci-search.com